Wednesday, August 27, 2008

That guy

Its safe to say that I am a big fan of Joss Whedon-related works, particularly Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Its also safe to say that I often relate real life goings-ons to Buffy, and because of how relatable that show is to real life is why I believe it was truly such a magnificent show.

But I'm not here to discuss what a great show it is or why you all should be watching it instead of whatever it is your doing. I'm here to talk about the couple you see here. Buffy and Riley.

For most fans of the show, Riley is not among their most liked Buffy characters, and the least liked of any of her boyfriends. Never much understood that myself. This is likely due to the fact that I really could relate to Riley. I got him, and I got how he felt. I felt like I was watching my life only it was on a TV and it had vampires and I do not possess any where near the physical strength that Riley had. But other than that...I really just felt like he was me. Everything he went through with Buffy, I just got it. I am definitely the Riley, not the Angel of the story.

To people who understand Buffy, you probably just learned somethin bout me. For the rest of you, this will read just more like my usual rant about great TV. Which again, you should follow my tastes in television. I ain't gonna lie, I have FANTASTIC tastes in television. This could quickly turn into a rant about how amazing Battlestar Galactica and how ashamed you all should be about judging it, so I will go to bed now. Late, late.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

dude, I LOVE Riley. I hate to say it, but if Angel weren't around, Riley would be Buffy's soul mate. Plus he reminds me of my boyfriend. But good choice on...who to be like...